Are you clear on the circumstances where a payroll service provider must be a registered tax practitioner? These include Payroll Service Providers who deliver payroll outsourcing services in Australia.
Part of being a registered tax agent means doing the following for your clients;
- A client outsources their entire payroll and accounts work to a payroll service provider.
- A payroll service provider offers a help desk which provides customised advice to assist their client to meet a specific tax outcome.
- A payroll service provider offers tax-related advice to their client that is specific to the client’s circumstances.
- A payroll service provider prepares and/or lodges documents with the ATO on behalf of their client.
- A payroll service provider deals with the Commissioner on behalf of their client.
The Tax Practitioners Board have put together a 10-page document detailing all the criteria, which you can view here.
If you’re interested in finding out how Payroll HQ, a registered tax agent, can help your company, then get in touch.
Payroll HQ have been able to help their clients grow their businesses by removing uncertainty that can surround payroll, allowing focus and attention to be spent on your core business.
About Payroll HQ
Payroll HQ is an Australian owned and operated managed payroll practice. The Payroll HQ service provides various payroll packages which allow businesses to be completely free of payroll and save money in the long run. Payroll HQ is not just an accounting software to pay employees, it is a cloud-based, real-time payroll software solution which successfully manages payroll operations for big and small businesses.
Why not take our Payroll Compliance Scorecard and see the areas your payroll function can improve.
Download your free eBook, In Safe Hands, co-written by Andre Atton, Payroll HQ’s General Manager, and Tracy Angwin, CEO of Australian Payroll Association.